A Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) is a REALTOR® who is uniquely qualified to assist seniors in housing sales and purchases. The SRES® designation is awarded only to REALTORS® who have additional education on how to help seniors and their families with later-in-life real estate transactions. They also draw upon the expertise of a network of senior specialists, such as estate planners, CPAs, and eldercare lawyers, and are familiar with local community resources and services. Their mission is to help seniors and their families navigate the maze of financial, legal and emotional issues that accompany the sale of the home.
What qualities make an SRES® different?
• Has knowledge, experience and compassion
in dealing with senior issues.
• Can suggest housing alternatives, including
ones that may allow an aging parent to
remain in the home instead of selling it.
• Takes a no-pressure approach to the
transaction and has a strong service
• Will take the time needed to make a
client feel comfortable with the complex
• Understands the emotional demands a
sale can make on a senior, and tries to
• Tailors the marketing of a home to the
needs of an older client.
• Can interact easily with all generations,
including seniors, adult children
• Is knowledgeable about local senior housing
options and elder support services.
• Has a wide network of other senior
focused professionals who can assist in tax
counseling, financial and estate planning,
and other aspects of the sale and move.